My normal exercise routines mostly involves random warmups and calisthenic training before I complete (or try to complete) Cross Fit’s daily posted WOD. This is the first time I’m posting a workout that I came up with and also do a regular basis. The name of the workout is pretty self explanatory.
100 dips (ring or straight bar)
100 pull ups
100 air squats
This is a good routine for quite a few reasons
- It involves minimal equipment. All you really need is a pull-up bar, something to do dips off of, and a minimal amount of floor space.
- It supports weight loss. Calisthenics engage multiple muscle group at once, in turn burning more calories than a “concentration exercise”. This causes your body to need more oxygen. Your lungs will work harder, increasing your cardio.
- Its easily scalable. Reps can be added and subtracted, as well as weight can be added to most of the exercises.
- Its beginner level. The only moderately difficult exercise is the pistol squats.
- Upper/lower. The exercises can be modified so that you all the upper or lower exercise in a row. This is great idea if you are seriously committed or really hate yourself.
If you’re making good on your resolution to turn it all around…You got this! Hang in there!